Here are Some Safety tips for transport gas cylinders safely by Fire and Safety Institute (NIIFS)
- Ensure the cylinder contents are clearly labeled.
- Ensure the cylinder valve is in the fully closed position.
- Use valve protection caps before moving.
- Use cylinder dollies or other mechanical lifting devices to move the cylinders to the vehicle.
- Never drop the cylinders or allow things to bang into them.
- An open vehicle or trailer is preferred.
- Transporting the cylinders in an upright position is always preferred.
- Try to limit the number of cylinders that you are transporting.
- Secure the cylinders in the vehicle or trailer to prevent movement during transit.